|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Knockback||9.50 (Extremely Strong)|
|Use time||60 Snail|
|Tooltip||Converts musket balls into .50 caliber sniper rounds that rip apart enemy defense and DR|
Critical hits unleash a second swarm of bullets
|Inflicts Debuff||Marked for Death|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Damage reduction reduced|
The Anti-materiel Rifle is a craftable post-Moon Lord gun. It fires a high-damage High Velocity Bullet, if Musket Balls are used as ammo. If the first bullet critically strikes an enemy, a second swarm of bullets will fly towards the enemy's position from the left side of the screen regardless if the enemy died or not. Holding right click will use its zoom ability, which scrolls the viewing area of the screen in the direction of the cursor in a fashion similar to the Sniper Rifle.
This weapon's bullets inflict the Marked for Death debuff onto enemies, decreasing their damage reduction by 50%; in addition, it will also permanently reduce an enemy's defense by 25, which cannot stack with itself.
Its best modifier is Unreal. Rapid may be preferred for a higher DPS, as the Anti-materiel Rifle fires extremely slowly. Ruthless may also be preferred for a large damage boost, as the Anti-materiel Rifle's base damage is extremely high.
- If used in conjunction with the set bonus of Silva armor, it is possible to massively heal upon shooting an enemy.
- However, the Silva armor set is geared towards mages and summoners, so this is not very practical.
- It is recommended to focus on boosting your critical strike chance while using the Anti-materiel Rifle, as critical strikes will greatly increase its DPS.
- In real life, an anti-materiel rifle is a rifle that is designed for use against military equipment (or "materiel" in military terminology), rather than against other combatants ("anti-personnel").
- The weapon's sprite was previously used by its former rare variant, the Skullmasher, before its removal.
- Nerfed damage from 3240 to 1880.
- Removed its 1.3x damage multiplier when used with non-converted ammo.
- Decreased sell price from 36 to 28 .
- 1.5.1.001: Resprited.
- Nerfed damage from 7000 to 3240.
- Now only converts Musket Balls.
- Now requires a Cosmic Anvil to craft instead of a Draedon's Forge.
- 1.4.5.002: Projectiles now have 10% of the weapon's knockback instead of 100%.
- 1.4.5.001: Fixed secondary projectiles targeting the upper left corner of enemies rather than the center.
- Projectiles now make sounds upon hitting blocks.
- Changed use sound from PlasmaBlast to LargeWeaponFire.
- 18.104.22.168: Resprited.
- 1.4.2.001: Now has the sniper scope vision effect.
- 1.4.1.001: Buffed damage from 4000 to 7000.
- 1.3.3.001: No longer uses 1 Spectre Rifle in its recipe.
- 22.214.171.124: Nerfed damage from 4500 to 4000.
- 1.2.4.001: Buffed damage from 3000 to 4500.
- 1.2.1.007: Introduced.