|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Damage||150 True melee|
|Knockback||8.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||21 Average|
|Tooltip||Lowers enemy defense by 1 with every strike|
If enemy defense is 0 or below your attacks will heal you
Striking enemies causes a large explosion
Striking enemies that are under half life will cause them to release rainbow bolts
Enemies spawn healing orbs on death
The Grand Guardian is a craftable Hardmode broadsword and is the direct upgrade to the Majestic Guard. It does not shoot a projectile and has a very large melee range, similar to its downgrade. Every time it strikes an enemy, its defense will be lowered by 1, and if the sword hits an enemy with 0 or less defense the player heals 4 life. Striking enemies causes large explosions similar to the explosions created by the Inferno Fork which deal 50% of the weapon's base damage, decreasing by 10% for each hit. Hitting enemies that have under half life will release rainbow bolts. Enemies killed by the Grand Guardian will spawn healing orbs on death which heal the player for 8 life.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The defense reduction applied by the weapon can stack as long as the enemy's defense is over 0 or they haven't changed their base defense values (e.g. When a boss changes phases).
- Astrum Deus takes only 50% damage from the Grand Guardian's explosions and rainbow bolts.
- 2.0.2.001: Now uses Burnt Sienna and 6 Nebula Fragments in its recipe instead of 10 Life Alloys and 10 Solar Fragments.
- 2.0.1.001: Healing orbs can now pass through tiles.
- Now grants enemies 10 ID-static immunity frames instead of local immunity frames.
- Rainbow bolts now spawn from enemies instead of the player.
- Rainbow bolts now deal 50% less damage if they critically hit.
- Now uses 10 Solar Fragments in its recipe instead of 3 Galactica Singularities.
- 1.4.5.006: Explosion damage now decreases by 10% each hit instead of 20%.
- 1.4.5.004: Explosion damage now decreases by 20% on each subsequent hit.
- 1.4.3.002: Fixed rainbow bolts not properly scaling with the player's damage.
- Fixed explosion and bolt not benefitting from increased all-class damage.
- Swing now functions in PvP.
- 184.108.40.206: Fixed a bug with projectile spawning causing issues in multiplayer.
- 220.127.116.11: Nerfed damage from 160 to 150.
- Nerfed damage from 200 to 160.
- Decreased heal amount from 6 to 4.
- Can no longer heal off of enemies with the canGhostHeal tag set to false.
- Decreased defense reduction on enemies from 30 to 15.
- Explosions no longer have knockback.
- Halved healing effectiveness.
- Can no longer heal off of The Devourer of Gods' phase 2 body segments.
- Can now heal off of The Devourer of Thots.
- 1.4.0.001: Explosions now deal 50% base damage instead of 33%.
- 18.104.22.168: Resprited.
- 1.2.2.007: Reduced dust on hit.
- 1.2.1.005: On-hit effects no longer trigger when hitting The Devourer of Gods' body segments or The Devourer of Thots' body segments.
- Nerfed damage from 275 to 200.
- 1.2.0.004: Nerfed damage from 300 to 275, and explosions now deal 33% base damage instead of 50%.
- 1.2.0.001: Resprited.
- 22.214.171.1241: On-hit effects no longer activate on Target Dummies.
- 126.96.36.1993: Explosions and bolts now deal 50% base damage instead of 75%.
- 188.8.131.525: Explosions now hit every 5 frames.
- 184.108.40.2061: Resprited.
- Nerfed damage from 320 to 300.
- Explosions and bolts now deal 75% base damage.
- Bolts now last 2.5 seconds instead of 5.
- 220.127.116.11: Nerfed damage from 360 to 320.
- 18.104.22.168: Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- 1.1.7: Introduced.