|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||4 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||Disintegrates everything with a tri-beam of energy and lasers|
Press Right Click to fire a Y-shaped beam of destructive energy and a spread of lasers
The Alpha Ray is a craftable post-Moon Lord magic gun with two firing modes. The left-click mode has three main parallel laser beams and also shoots laser projectiles rapidly. The right-click mode shoots a beam that splits into two like the Genisis, but is significantly larger and more damaging. All projectiles fired from this weapon travel through blocks and all particle beams pierce indefinitely. The three particle beams deal 80% of the weapon's damage, the secondary-fire's beam deals 166.25% of the weapon's damage, and the additional laser projectiles deal 40% of the weapon's damage with 40% of the weapon's knockback.
Its best modifier is Mythical. However, the weapon's use time will not be affected.
- The left-click mode's main beams deal Alpha Ray's actual listed damage while the secondary laser projectiles deal only half of it. On the other hand, right-click mode beams deal double the weapon's damage. Despite that, left-click mode actually reaches higher DPS due to faster fire rate and additional fired projectiles.
- The Alpha Ray's sprite resembles a combination of the weapons used to craft it.
- The Alpha Ray was implemented based on a community suggestion made by Gouvod on the mod's Terraria Forums post.
- Now properly fires a spread of lasers with its alt fire.
- Nerfed the spread lasers' knockback from 100% of base to 40%.
- Nerfed damage from 380 to 130 and use time from 3 to 4.
- Nerfed alt fire beam damage from 175% base damage to 166.25%.
- Alt fire beams now use ID-static immunity frames instead of local immunity frames.
- Now requires a Cosmic Anvil to craft instead of a Draedon's Forge.
- 1.4.4.004: Nerfed alt fire damage from 210% base damage to 175%.
- 1.4.3.001: Now requires a Draedon's Forge to craft instead of an Ancient Manipulator.
- Buffed damage from 240 to 280.
- Buffed alt fire damage from 170% base damage to 210%.
- 22.214.171.124: Beams now grant enemies 100 local immunity frames instead of 80.
- 126.96.36.199: Changed its tooltip.
- Nerfed damage from 280 to 240.
- Nerfed main fire damage from 100% base damage to 80%, and split laser damage from 50% base damage to 40%.
- Nerfed alt fire damage from 200% base damage to 170%.
- Now uses 15 Darksun Fragments in its recipe instead of 8 Cosmilite Bars.
- Buffed damage from 40 to 280.
- Primary fire particle beam now grants enemies 80 local immunity frames instead of 8, and secondary fire particle beam now grants 30 local immunity frames instead of 3.
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage from 38 to 40.
- 1.3.1.001: Resprited.
- 1.2.3.001: Buffed damage from 30 to 38.
- 1.2.1.005: Nerfed damage from 38 to 30.
- 1.2.1.002: Decreased mana cost from 10 to 5.
- 1.2.0.003: Now uses the rarity instead of .
- Buffed damage from 95 to 125.
- Now uses 8 Cosmilite Bars in its recipe.
- 188.8.131.521: Increased mana cost from 6 to 10.
- 184.108.40.2064: Nerfed damage from 141 to 95.
- 220.127.116.115: Beams now grant local immunity frames instead of global immunity frames when hitting enemies.
- 18.104.22.1681: Now uses the rarity instead of .
- 22.214.171.124: Nerfed damage from 150 to 141.
- Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- Now has a right click ability that fires a ray which splits into two more rays at a certain distance.
- Buffed mana cost from 10 to 6.
- Beam now sets target immunity frames to 2.
- 1.1.5.0947: Introduced.