The Crystalline is a craftable Pre-Hardmode non-consumable dagger which automatically throws a gemstone dagger that is affected by gravity. Shortly after being thrown, the dagger emits three copies of itself that deal less damage and are not affected by gravity, with each disappearing shortly after spawning. The dagger cannot pass through walls nor pierce through enemies. If the original dagger hits an enemy or a wall before splitting, the extra daggers will not appear.
Performing a stealth strike with the Crystalline will cause each of the dagger copies created by the resulting dagger to split into four more short-ranged clones. Additionally, all daggers explode into damaging crystal dust when destroyed. Daggers deal 300% of the weapon's damage, while crystals deal 30% of the weapon's damage.
Its best modifier is Flawless.
- The Crystalline can be a useful weapon for rogues in the early game and even up to Skeletron because of the combined damage output of all the daggers.
- 2.0.1.002: Stealth strikes now have a 300% damage modifier.
- 1.4.5.002: Fixed a bug that caused stealth strike projectiles to deal ranged damage.
- Nerfed damage from 18 to 16.
- Fixed a grammar error in its tooltip.
- 1.4.3.002: Fixed it firing extra daggers with its stealth strike.
- 1.4.3.001: Now has a stealth strike effect.
- 126.96.36.199: Added a tooltip.
- 1.4.2.003: Now uses 50 Wulfrum Knives in its recipe instead of 50 Throwing Knives.
- 1.4.2.001: Resprited.
- 1.4.1.001: Projectiles are now larger.
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage from 16 to 18.
- 1.3.2.001: Now uses 3 Diamonds in its recipe instead of 5.
- 1.3.1.001: Resprited.
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed damage from 14 to 16, and it now has a 4% critical strike chance boost.
- 1.1.7: Resprited.
- 1.1.5.0947: Introduced.