|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||40 Extremely Slow|
|Tooltip||Fires an icy wave that splits multiple times and explodes into shards|
|Inflicts Debuff||Glacial State|
|Debuff duration||0.5 seconds (Cryo Blast)|
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot move|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Cryo Blast)|
2 seconds (Icicle)
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
|Buy / Sell||36 / 7 20|
Cryophobia is a Hardmode magic gun sold by the Archmage NPC for 36 after defeating all the Mechanical Bosses. When used it fires a light blue growing wave that splits into 3 twice, for 9 final waves, each pierces three times and inflicts the Glacial State and Frostbite debuffs.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- This weapon completely shreds through crowds when aimed slightly up while standing on flat ground due to its high spread of projectiles.
- This weapon shares its name with the Cryophobia rocket launcher from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
- The name of this weapon, Cryophobia, means an irrational fear of the cold.
- Waves now grant 10 local immunity frames and now inflict Frostbite instead of Frostburn.
- Decreased buy price from 36 to 24 .
- Decreased sell price from 7 20 to 4 80 .
- Nerfed damage from 56 to 55.
- Now sold by the Archmage for 36 after defeating all mechanical bosses instead of dropping from Cryogen at a 100% chance.
- Decreased Frostburn duration from icicles from 4 seconds to 2, and from cryo blast from 6 seconds to 3.
- Decreased Glacial State duration from cryo blast from 1 second to 0.5.
- Now uses the rarity instead of .
- No longer considered an ice weapon.
- Nerfed use time from 22 to 28.
- Now fires a single ball of ice that splits into three waves of ice that grow over time. Decreased projectile piercing from 4 to 3. Decreased Glacial State duration from 2 seconds to 1.
- Now drops from Cryogen in Malice Mode instead of Angry Dogs in all difficulties. Increased drop rate from 1% to 100% .
- Now has a custom - Challenge Item - (#FF8C00 ●) tag instead of using the rarity.
- 1.4.5.001: Added a sprite to its projectile.
- 1.4.4.004: Resprited.
- 18.104.22.168: Resprited.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.