Extraordinarily Cost-Inefficient Chainsaw Prism Tooth
The Photon Ripper is a post-Moon Lord chainsaw that drops from the Exo Mechs after XF-09 Ares has been defeated last. It rapidly fires out rainbow teeth which circle back after passing through the cursor or past a set distance. The maximum set distance along with tooth damage increases as the weapon is used up to 3 seconds where it is fully charged. The tooth deals 6% damage initially and scales up to 16.67%, while the chainsaw itself deals full contact damage. Additionally, teeth projectiles will instantly remove trees.
Its best modifier is Godly. It cannot get modifiers that affect size.
- The Photon Ripper's teeth apply the effects of any currently active flasks upon hitting enemies.
- Due to being considered a tool rather than a weapon, holding the Photon Ripper does not activate the minion damage penalty.
- Unlike other tools, the Photon Ripper can be viable as a primary weapon due to its high DPS, decent range and infinite piercing.
- The chainsaw projectile itself is named "Extraordinarily Cost-Inefficient Chainsaw".
- The function used by the Prism Tooth projectile for removing trees is named "AbsolutelyFuckingAnnihilateTrees".
- The weapon has the highest base damage of any of the mod's melee weapons.
The Photon Ripper in use. Note the limited range of the teeth which extends over time.
These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
- Now inflicts Miracle Blight.
- Fixed it using its maximum reach if the cursor was too close to the player.