|Knockback||7.75 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||19 Average|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of volcanic fireballs|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Sword)|
3 seconds (Large Fireball)
2 seconds (Small Fireball)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Hellfire Flamberge is a craftable Hardmode broadsword that autoswings. On each swing, it fires out two small fireballs and one large fireball at slightly randomized angles and speeds. Small volcanic fireballs deal 50% of the weapon's damage and large volcanic fireballs deal 75% of the weapon's damage, both additionally inflicting the Hellfire debuff. The fireballs aren't affected by gravity, slow to a stop and disappear shortly after being fired, and cannot penetrate tiles nor enemies. The sword itself also inflicts On Fire! on enemy hits.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The color of the fireballs slowly oscillates between red and yellow. The color change is synced across all fireballs.
- A flamberge is a type of sword with an undulating wave-like blade design meant to resemble fire. The Hellfire Flamberge features this blade design.
- Now inflicts Hellfire instead of On Fire!.
- Decreased sell price from 16 to 12 .
- Decreased On Fire! duration from large fireball from 8 seconds to 3, and from small fireball from 4 seconds to 2.
- No longer considered a fire weapon.
- 1.4.4.004: Nerfed damage from 102 to 90.
- 1.4.4.001: Resprited it and projectile.
- 1.4.3.001: Swing now functions in PvP.
- Flares now deal 100% base damage instead of 75%.
- Now fires 3 flares instead of 3-4, and plays a sound while shooting them.
- Decreased On Fire! duration from medium flares from 6.33 seconds to 6, and from small flares from 4.67 seconds to 4.
- Added a tooltip.
- 1.4.2.001: Resprited.
- 1.3.3.001: Resprited fireballs.
- 1.3.1.001: Resprited.
- 126.96.36.199: Buffed damage from 79 to 87, use time from 26 to 23, knockback from 7.5 to 7.75, and shot speed from 16 to 20.
- 1.1.7: Fixed it dealing magic damage.
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed damage from 70 to 79, use time from 31 to 26, and knockback from 5.5 to 7.5.
- 1.1.5.08: Now requires a Hardmode Anvil to craft instead of a Particle Accelerator.
- Fixed flames dealing magic damage instead of melee damage.
- 1.0: Introduced.