Scoria Ore is a Hardmode ore which generates in the Abyss biome. It can be found on the underside of the floating Abyss Gravel or Pyre Mantle islands, dropping harmful lava particles into the water beneath itself. These lava particles have a base damage of 25.
It requires at least a Picksaw to mine, and is used to craft Scoria Bars at an Adamantite Forge or a Titanium Forge. It is also dropped by Chaotic Puffers and Devil Fish after the Golem has been defeated.
- 16-28 Scoria Ores can be obtained from Sulphurous Crates at a 20% chance after Golem has been defeated.
- Scoria Ore cannot be destroyed by explosives, even after Golem has been defeated.
- Unlike most other ores, this ore does not require a boss to be defeated in order to be mined aside from the Picksaw requirement, meaning that it can be mined even in a Pre-Hardmode world.
- The lava particles that this ore drops can provide natural light to the normally pitch-black Abyss.
- Scoria is a type of igneous rock with similar properties to basalt.
These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
- 2.0.3.006: Disabled custom tile merging behavior to prevent performance issues.
- 2.0.3.002: Decreased pickaxe resistance from 4 to 3.
- Now has new visual effects and now inflicts Burning to the player.
- Changed map color from #FF0000 ● to #D2651C ●.
- 1.4.5.004: Now always immune to explosives, defeating Golem will no longer allow it to be blown up.
- Renamed from "Chaotic Ore" to "Scoria Ore".
- 184.108.40.206: Should now appear above Life Crystals on the Metal Detector.
- 220.127.116.11: Increased sell price from 2 to 24 .
- 18.104.22.168: Increased pickaxe power requirement from 209% to 210%.
- 22.214.171.124: Now always shows up on the Metal Detector instead of not showing up until Hardmode.
- 1.3.3.011: No longer creates lava chunks if the game is paused.
- Now uses the rarity instead of .
- Now emits light.
- No longer affected by the Spelunker Potion or any items which grant a similar effect.
- Now occasionally produces hostile lava chunks which fall downwards.
- 1.2.3.004: Fixed it generating on blocks other than Ash Blocks, such as Obsidian Bricks.
- Can now be blown up after defeating Golem.
- No longer appears on the Metal Detector before Hardmode.
- 126.96.36.1991: Increased pickaxe power requirement from 199% to 209%.
- 188.8.131.521: Now spawns on world generation instead of after defeating Calamitas.
- 184.108.40.206: Can now be detected by the Metal Detector.
- 220.127.116.11: Now generates after defeating Calamitas instead of The Devourer of Gods.
- 18.104.22.168: No longer generates after killing Devourer of Gods three times.
- Can no longer be destroyed by explosives.
- Now affected by Spelunker Potion.