- For the vanilla item of the same name, see here.
The Elderberry is a craftable post-Moon Lord permanent power-up item that increases the player's maximum life, as an extension to Life Fruits. There are 3 other items that function identically to this: the Blood Orange, the Miracle Fruit, and the Dragonfruit. It is the third of these to be obtainable following boss progression. It can only be used once, and after that the player must use one of the remaining fruit to increase their maximum life. With all of these, the player's maximum life is capped at 600.
- If the player attempts to use a second Elderberry, the custom status message displayed is "You have already consumed an Elderberry. It is probably not wise to eat more than one."
- The three items that increase the player's maximum mana: the Comet Shard, the Ethereal Core, and the Phantom Heart.
- 2.0.2.001: No longer uses 1 Blue Berries in its recipe.
- 2.0.1.002: Added use sound.
- Now mentions in the tooltip whether or not the player has consumed it before.
- Resprited it and its hearts.
- 1.4.5.001: Now uses 1 Blue Berries, 5 Life Fruits, 10 Divine Geodes, 10 Uelibloom Bars, and 20 Unholy Essences in its recipe.
- 220.127.116.11: Now has a flavor tooltip: "A tangy, tart flavor with a somewhat earthen touch".
- Now uses 5 Life Fruits, 10 Luminite Bars, 10 Uelibloom Bars, and 20 Unholy Essences in its recipe instead of 15, 30, 20, and 50.
- Nerfed the health boost from 50 to 25.
- 1.2.2.001: Resprited it and its hearts.
- 1.2.0.003: Resprited it and its hearts.
- 18.104.22.1681: Introduced.