Candles are pieces of furniture that emit light. The Calamity Mod currently adds twenty-five types of candles to the game, with nineteen corresponding to specific sets of furniture, two acting as upgrades to the Water Candle and Peace Candle, and the remaining four being purchasable from the Drunk Princess. For the purpose of housing Town NPCs, Chaos and Tranquility candles and Drunk Princess candles do not count as a light source. Additionally, The Drunk Princess' candles cannot be toggled by wire, unlike all other candles.
These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
- Wulfrum Candle now uses 4 Wulfrum Plating and 1 Torch in its recipe instead of 10 Wulfrum Metal Scraps.
- Changed the map icon color of Wulfrum Candle from #475F72 ● to #649964 ●.
- 2.0.1.002: Introduced Large Ritual Candle, Ritual Candle, and Sacrilegious Candle.
- Introduced Acidwood Candle and Exo Candle.
- All Calamity Candles now share the same minimap icon names instead of being identical to their item names.
- All Calamity Candles now use the map icon color #FDDD03 ● instead of having distinct map icon colors per set.
- Otherworldly Candle now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Draedon's Forge.
- Cosmilite Candle now requires a Cosmic Anvil to craft instead of a Draedon's Forge.
- Resprited Statigel Candle, Stratus Candle, and Void Candle.
- 1.4.5.001: Renamed "Plagued Plate Candle" to "Plagued Candle".
- Ashen Candle, Profaned Candle, and Statigel Candle now have new visual flame effects.
- Fixed Calamity Candles not being able to be broken by right clicking.
- Now count as light sources.
- Resprited Profaned Candle.
- Introduced Botanic, Eutrophic, Otherworldly, Plagued Plate, Silva, and Stratus Candles.
- Changed the light color for Ashen Candle.
- Resprited Cosmilite Candle.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced Abyss, Ashen, Cosmilite, Profaned, Statigel, and Void Candles.