Blood Orange (calamity)
- For the vanilla item of the same name, see here.
The Blood Orange is a craftable Hardmode permanent power-up item that increases the player's maximum life, as an extension to Life Fruits. There are 3 other items that function identically to this: the Miracle Fruit, the Elderberry, and the Dragonfruit. It is the first of these to be obtainable following boss progression. It can only be used once, and after that the player must use one of the remaining fruit to increase their maximum life. With all of these, the player's maximum life is capped at 600.
|Soul of Might||5|
|Soul of Sight||5|
|Soul of Fright||5|
|Blood Orange (calamity)||1|
- If the player attempts to use a second Blood Orange, the custom status message displayed is "You have already consumed a Blood Orange. Eating any more would not be good for you."
- In real life, blood orange is a variety of orange with crimson, almost blood-colored flesh.
- The three items that increase the player's maximum mana: the Comet Shard, the Ethereal Core, and the Phantom Heart.
- 2.0.2.001: No longer uses an Orange Bloodroot in its recipe.
- 2.0.1.002: Added use sound.
- Resprited it and its hearts.
- Now mentions in the tooltip whether or not the player has consumed it before.
- 1.4.5.006: Resprited it and its hearts.
- 126.96.36.199: Now has a flavor text: "It has a distinctly sweet flavor and a strong aroma".
- Now uses 5 Essences of Chaos, 5 Essence of Cinder, 5 Essences of Eleum, 10 Souls of Light, and 10 Souls of Night in its recipe, instead of 10 of each essence and 30 of each soul.
- Reduced the health boost from 50 to 25.
- 1.2.2.001: Resprited it and its hearts.
- 1.2.0.003: Resprited it and its hearts.
- 188.8.131.521: Introduced.