"Energized plant matter has formed in the underground."
Perennial Ore is a Hardmode ore which generates in Dirt and Stone Blocks in the Cavern layer after Plantera has been defeated, and is used to craft Perennial Bars at an Adamantite Forge or a Titanium Forge. It requires at least a Pickaxe Axe or a Drax to mine. It is also dropped by Perennial Slimes.
- 16-28 Perennial Ores can be obtained from Jungle and Bramble Crates at a 20% drop chance after Plantera has been defeated.
- Perennial Ore cannot be destroyed by explosives, even after Plantera has been defeated.
- Unlike most other ores, it is visible without the use of the Spelunker buff as each block has a faint lime green glow.
- Although Perennial Ore cannot generate in Pearlstone Blocks, Crimstone Blocks, or Ebonstone Blocks, it can still generate in Dirt Blocks in those biomes.
- In botany, "perennial" plants are plants that live for more than two years.
- 2.0.3.006: Disabled custom tile merging behavior to prevent performance issues.
- 2.0.3.002: Decreased pickaxe resistance from 3 to 2.
- 2.0.3.001: Can now merge with Mud and Stone Blocks.
- Increased vein sizes.
- Resprited tile.
- 1.5.0.001: Resprited.
- 1.4.5.004: Now always immune to explosives, defeating Plantera will no longer allow it to be destroyed with explosives.
- 126.96.36.199: Should now appear above Life Crystals on the Metal Detector.
- 188.8.131.52: Resprited.
- 184.108.40.206: Increased sell price from 2 to 18 .
- 220.127.116.11: Increased pickaxe power requirement from 199% to 200%.
- No longer blocked from spawning in the center of the world.
- Now always shows up on the Metal Detector instead of not showing up until Hardmode.
- 1.4.2.001: Now uses the rarity instead of .
- 1.4.0.001: Resprited.
- 1.3.0.001: Resprited.
- 1.2.0.002: Can now be placed.
- 18.104.22.1689: Changed map color from (#00C800 ●) to (#FF33CC ●).
- Can now be blown up after defeating Plantera.
- No longer appears on the Metal Detector before Hardmode.
- 22.214.171.1241: Now spawns on world generation instead of after defeating The Slime God.
- 126.96.36.199: Resprited.
- 188.8.131.52: Can now be detected by the Metal Detector.
- 184.108.40.206: Now generates after defeating The Slime God instead of Calamitas.
- 1.1.5.093: Now appears on the map.
- 220.127.116.11: No longer generates after killing Calamitas three times.
- Can no longer be destroyed by explosives.
- Now affected by Spelunker Potion.
- 1.1: Introduced.
Blocks • Furniture • Walls