Chests are furniture used to store items. The Calamity Mod currently adds 21 types of chests, most of which correspond to their specific set of furniture. Various chests such as Ancient Treasure Chests and Security Chests are generated within the world. All Calamity Chests have a tile value of 500.
- The Sacrilegious Chest's top will glow and shake depending on the amount of its slots it has filled.
These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
- Introduced Sacrilegious Chest.
- Added an error log for Security Chests from Space Bio-center Labs dropping items from other mods.
- Security Chests now have a 10% chance to contain a Seeking Mechanism of the next biome in sequential order, excluding chests in the Ice Bio-center Lab.
- Fixed the Astral Chest causing world generation to fail.
- 1.5.1.001: Introduced Acidwood Chest and Exo Chest.
- Aged Security Chest now uses 10 Rusted Plating and 2 Iron or Lead Bars in its recipe instead of 4 Iron or Lead Bars.
- Security Chest now uses 10 Rusted Plating, 2 Iron or Lead Bars, 4 Dubious Plating and 4 Mysterious Circuitry in its recipe instead of 10 Iron or Lead Bars and 1 Aged Security Chest.
- Otherworldly Chest now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Draedon's Forge.
- Cosmilite Chest now requires a Cosmic Anvil to craft instead of a Draedon's Forge.
- Resprited Statigel Chest, Stratus Chest, and Void Chest.
- Fixed a rare bug where hovering over a Calamity Chest via the map would cause a game crash.
- Aged Security Chest and Security Chest now use the rarity.
- Fixed Cosmilite Chest sinking into the floor when opening it.
- Introduced Aged Security Chest and Security Chest.
- Renamed "Plagued Plate Chest" to "Plagued Chest".
- Fixed Profaned Chest playing its animation in reverse.
- Fixed a crash with the Astral Chest.
- Introduced Monolith Chest.
- Fixed Astral Chest not loading properly.
- Resprited Profaned Chest.
- Removed Locked Ashen Chest.
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed the Astral Chest causing several bugs, including crashing the game.
- 126.96.36.199: The Astral Chest no longer contains any Astral Bars, and can no longer be opened until after defeating Astrum Aureus instead of Astrum Deus.
- 1.4.2.004: Fixed an oversight where Silva Chest could only be crafted with Gold Bars and not Platinum Bars.
- Introduced Botanic, Eutrophic, Otherworldly, Plagued Plate, Silva, and Stratus Chests.
- Ashen Chest can now be crafted with Lead Bars instead of Iron Bars, it can also now be crafted with 1 Ashen Key and 1 Locked Ashen Chest.
- Changed the offset for the Cosmilite Chest.
- Locked Ashen Chest now uses the rarity instead of , can now use Lead Bars instead of Iron Bars in its recipe, and can now also be crafted with 1 Ashen Chest and 1 Ashen Key.
- 1.4.2.001: Introduced an Astral Chest to the Dungeon.
- Ashen Chest can no longer be crafted with 1 Ashen Key and 1 Locked Ashen Chest.
- Ashen and Locked Ashen Chests now use the rarity instead of .
- Resprited Cosmilite Chest.
- Introduced Ashen, Locked Ashen, Cosmilite, Profaned, Statigel, and Void Chests.
- Abyss Chest changes:
- Now uses 2 Iron or Lead Bars and 8 Smooth Abyss Gravel in its recipe instead of 2 Depth Cells, 8 Spooky Wood, and 2 Tenebris, and now requires a Void Condenser to craft instead of a Work Bench.
- Decreased sell value from 50 to 5 .
- Changed how the chest shines when placed.
- Changed map color from (#000046 ●) to (#C8C8C8 ●).
- Name now displays as "Abyss Chest" on the map instead of "Sunken Chest".