|Type||Boss – Burrowing Enemy|
|Max Life||80,000 / 120,000 / 150,000 / 153,000 / 191,250|
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Soul of Might (20-40 / 25-40 )100%
- Hallowed Bar (15-30 / 20-35 )100% (After defeating Skeletron Prime and The Twins)
- Greater Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- The Destroyer (Lore)(Only on first kill)100%
- Treasure Bag(The Destroyer)
- If you were looking for The Destroyer on the vanilla wiki, click here.
The Destroyer can be summoned manually using a Mechanical Worm at night in any biome. It can also spawn naturally at dusk with a chance of 10% once a Demon or Crimson Altar has been smashed, as long as it has not yet been defeated in the current world. If spawned this way, its arrival is announced by the status message: "You feel vibrations from deep below..."
The Destroyer Head
The Destroyer Body
When the Destroyer spawns, it will be coiled up and its segments will be mostly folded in on each other. For ten seconds after it has spawned it will be near-invulnerable and able to fly similar to a Wyvern.
The Destroyer's segments are 50% larger than in vanilla. It initially exhibits movement like a typical worm enemy, burrowing through the ground and attempting to ram the player. This means that the Destroyer can only charge at the player from the ground and thus, has a maximum height it can reach in earlier phases. However, due to its extremely fast speed, this height is very large. Destroyer's top speed, fall speed, and turning speed increase as its health gets lower. When it reaches 50% health, it will begin to move more similarly to a Wyvern compared to a regular worm enemy. When it moves like this, it will move more in the air and will not use the ground to accelerate towards mid-air players. It will also have any segments with Probes change their red light to a purple one. As its health lowers, its movement during flying attacks gets more aggressive. It also gains boosts to flying speed and the duration of flying attacks at 25% and 10% health.
The Destroyer will occasionally fire lasers towards the player from each of its segments. Initially, only red lasers will be fired that inflict the On Fire! debuff for 4 seconds. At 85% health it will begin to fire green lasers which inflict Cursed Inferno for 2 seconds, and at 70% health it will begin to fire blue lasers that inflict Electrified for 1 second. It will fire lasers less frequently as its health decreases.
As it is damaged, the Destroyer's segments will spawn Probes which follow the player while shooting lasers. Once a Probe is removed from a segment, that segment will have 10 less defense. Probes are 20% larger than in vanilla. Probes will despawn if the player moves too far away.
The Destroyer enrages during the day. It moves faster and more aggressively, only fires blue lasers which accelerate faster, and its body segments take reduced damage, leaving only the head and tail vulnerable.
In Death Mode
- The Destroyer's segments are 100% larger, and Probes are 50% larger.
- Body segments fire lasers at a faster rate.
- The Destroyer shoots spreads of lasers from its head if the head is facing the player.
- Top speed, falling speed, and turning speed increase even faster as Destroyer's health lowers.
- The Destroyer always has maximum aggression during its flying phase.
- Extra boosts to flying speed and duration of flying attacks now occur at 40% and 20% health.
- Probes shoot three lasers at once, with staggered velocities.
During the Boss Rush
- Max health increased to 2,500,000 / 3,750,000 / 4,687,500 .
- Sets the time to 7:30pm.
- Laser spreads from its head have a faster velocity.
- Permanently acts as if enraged, moving faster, giving lasers faster velocities, and only firing blue electric lasers, though its body segments are still vulnerable.
- Probes move, accelerate, and fire lasers faster.
- All segments take reduced damage from most non-minion piercing projectiles. Each hit decreases the damage of the next hit by 12%, until the eighth hit onwards which deal 20% of original damage.
- Additionally, all segments take:
- If the Early Hardmode Progression Rework option is enabled, new ores will be generated in the Underground and Cavern layers:
- If The Destroyer is the first mechanical boss to be defeated, Mythril and Orichalcum Ore will be generated.
- If The Destroyer is the second mechanical boss to be defeated, Adamantite and Titanium Ore will be generated.
- If The Destroyer is the third mechanical boss to be defeated, Hallowed Ore will be generated in the Underground Hallow biome.
- The Bandit will begin selling the Momentum Capacitor if The Twins and Skeletron Prime have also been defeated.
- The Drunk Princess will begin selling Vodka, Screwdriver and White Wine if The Twins and Skeletron Prime have also been defeated.
- The Archmage will begin selling the Arctic Bear Paw, Frosty Flare, Cryophobia and Cryogenic Staff if The Twins and Skeletron Prime have also been defeated.
The player should make a long arena to help avoid the Destroyer's many lasers, and to help with avoiding its charges as its health gets lower. Making it tall can also help make the first half of the fight easier.
- For a Normal and Expert mode guide to The Destroyer, see The Destroyer on the vanilla wiki.
- Due to the hardmode ore rework, the best available armor depends on how many other mechs have been defeated.
- If no other mechs have been defeated, Palladium armor is a strong option providing health regeneration.
- If one other mech has been defeated, Orichalcum armor provides extra DPS while Mythril armor has all-around stat bonuses
- If two mechs have been defeated, Titanium armor has a strong set bonus. If Cryogen has also been defeated, Daedalus armor is among the strongest available. For mixed classes, Frost armor and Forbidden armor give the most flexibility.
- Titan Heart armor is always available for Rogues.
- Mollusk armor has very high stats but makes you quite slow, which can make this high-movement fight difficult.
- Spider armor is a powerful summoner armor available from the start of hardmode.
- The best wings available before Mythril Ore is available are Fairy Wings (with their health boost) or Leaf Wings with their flight time.
- Frostspark Boots or their predecessor, Lightning Boots, can aid in movement.
- Dashing can help avoid attacks, especially since the head is so deadly.
- Using your class specific emblem is highly recommended for an extra boost of damage. Note that Calamity also has an exclusive emblem for the Rogue class.
- The Magic Quiver works well in maintaining ammo as well as greatly improving the firepower of bows, but it is not required.
- Magic players can make use of the Celestial Cuffs and/or Mana Flower along with Mana Potions to recover their mana during the fight, as well as using the Mana Polarizer to recover lost health.
- Summoners can boost their minion damage and defensive stats with the Spirit Glyph.
- Rogue users will find the Raider's Talisman useful to boost their damage output.
Weapons & Equipment
- Swords can do immense damage to the destroyer but require being very close.
- The Fractured Ark, despite being a pre-Hardmode weapon, does excellent damage with decent range.
- The Fetid Baghnakhs are a high-DPS but short-range option.
- The Axe of Purity's right click attack easily deals with probes and makes the weapon an excellent choice due to its medium range and very high DPS.
- Although not great in vanilla, Calamity makes the Pearlwood Bow a great choice due to the rainbows it adds, which are great at dealing with the Destroyer's many segments.
- Do note, each time the bow is shot, the rainbows get replaced, so players might want to use this weapon sparingly or as a support weapon.
- The Dart Rifle with Cursed Darts or the Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows do high damage to the Destroyer.
- The Sea's Searing's secondary fire is great for lasting piercing damage since the Destroyer's body straggles behind its head.
- The Frigidflash Bolt is great due to its slight pierce and high damage.
- The Nimbus Rod will do huge damage on its own but will also release many probes.
- The Poseidon is one of the best weapons available at this stage due to its homing and piercing.
- The Orange Zapinator is rare and unpredictable, but due to its mechanics can occasionally do enormous chunks of damage at once.
- The Ancient Ice Chunk is a great option because it can hit multiple segments in one clasp.
- The Ballista Cane or its upgrade can add good DPS to the fight.
- The Gacruxian Mollusk is great with the many sparks it leaves in its path that can slightly home into the Destroyer.
- The Blast Barrel is an excellent choice that can make quick work of the Destroyer if the player can make them explode and leave shrapnel on the ground.
- If Aquatic Scourge was defeated previously, the Spent Fuel Container can be a strong option when taking advantage of the lingering radiation left by its stealth strike.
- The Kelvin Catalyst is another solid option, albeit difficult to craft.
- If The Twins were defeated previously, the Frequency Manipulator has strong piercing and homing capabilities.
- The fight can generally be treated similar to a regular worm boss until the Destroyer reaches 50% health, which is where the player should be aware that it can now be much more agile in the air.
- Remember that it will telegraph when it can fly by its segments changing from red to purple.
- Now fires weaker, non-accelerating lasers from probeless segments instead of harmless scrap.
- Now takes 80% damage from Mineral Mortar.
- 2.0.3.005: Segments without Probes now always fire harmless scrap instead of lasers, instead of having a 50% chance to.
- 2.0.3.003: Fixed its hitbox being much larger than its sprite in the Get fixed boi seed.
- 2.0.3.001: Nerfed Death mode size modifier from 200% to 170% , and Probe's Death Mode size modifier from 150% to 130% .
- Fixed it not properly drawing its segments if the segment intersects a tile in Revengeance Mode or Death Mode.
- Now properly displays vanilla debuff colors and Hunter Potion effects in Revengeance Mode or Death Mode.
- Death Mode no longer reduces the total amount of segments to 60.
- Decreased Death size modifier from 250% to 200%.
- Decreased Probe Death Mode size modifier from 200% to 150%.
- 2.0.1.003: No longer has 5-second custom spawn cooldown during Boss Rush.
- No longer has a global grenade resistance.
- Now takes 60% damage from Cryophobia's blast.
- Now takes 60% damage from Cryophobia's ice wave.
- Now takes 85% damage from Snowstorm Staff.
- Now drops 40 .
- Probes are no longer invulnerable for 2 seconds after spawning.
- Buffed body damage from 60 / 102 / 119 / 136 to 60 / 102 / 136 / 153 .
- Buffed tail damage from 40 / 68 / 85 / 102 to 40 / 68 / 102 / 136 .
- Buffed Red Laser damage from 44 / 72 / 108 / 116 to 44 / 72 / 116 / 128 .
- Buffed Green Laser damage from 46 / 76 / 112 / 120 to 46 / 76 / 128 / 140 .
- Buffed Blue Laser damage from 48 / 80 / 116 / 124 to 48 / 80 / 136 / 152 .
- Buffed Probe Pink Laser damage from 50 / 88 / 92 / 100 to 50 / 88 / 100 / 112 .
- Decreased charging speed at lower health and its ability to track the player vertically in Revengeance Mode.
- Increased speed while despawning in Revengeance Mode and above by 100%.
- It and its Probes are now vulnerable to electricity debuffs but resistant to sickness debuffs.
- Death Mode changes:
- Transitions into Phase 4 at 40% health instead of 25%.
- Transitions into Phase 5 at 20% health instead of 10%.
- Head now fires a spread of lasers.
- Decreased number of segments from 81 to 61.
- Increased size modifier from 150% to 250%.
- Increased Probe size modifier from 120% to 200% and health by 100%.
- Probes now fire 3 lasers.
- Now drops Mechanical Wagon Piece regardless of world difficulty.
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 2,500,000 / 3,750,000 / 4,687,500 to 250,000 / 375,000 / 468,750 .
- No longer enrages if the player flips gravity.
- Revengeance Mode laser-pattern has been reworked, all lasers now fire consecutively from head to tail.
- Probes are now immune for the first 2 seconds after spawning in. During this time they will not fire their lasers.
- Probes no longer drop Hearts in Revengeance or Malice Mode.
- No longer has defense scaling in Revengeance Mode and will use its vanilla Terraria defense at all times.
- Reactive damage reduction effectiveness is now increased by 100% before defeating Plantera.
- No longer takes 75% damage from Spear of Paleolith, Desecrated Water, Kelvin Catalyst, and Pearlwood Bow.
- Slightly decreased laser velocity in Revengeance Mode.
- Now takes 30% damage from Hydraulic Volt Crasher's stream projectiles.
- No longer amplifies its dynamic defense during the day.
- Fixed a visual error with its purple lights showing even while that segment's light was broken.
- Segment lights now glow purple while it's flying in Revengeance Mode.
- Now accelerates much faster and has a higher top speed if the player is far away.
- No longer despawns and instead enrages when fought during the day in Revengeance Mode.
- Reduced lasers' maximum speed from 18 to 14.
- Fixed an issue that caused it to awkwardly idle on the ground during the first 10 seconds after spawning.
- Can now fly during its uncoiling phase in Revengeance Mode.
- Now longer, and increases in velocity and acceleration as its health decreases in Death Mode.
- Now fires blue lasers below 70% health which inflict Electrified in Revengeance Mode.
- Green lasers are now fired below 85% health and inflict Cursed Inferno instead of homing onto the player.
- All lasers can fire regardless of health in Death Mode.
- Reduced maximum body defense buff from 30 to 10.
- Probes now fire a less amount of lasers in a set time.
- Draedon's Remote variant now drops Dubious Plating and Mysterious Circuitry.
- Probes no longer deal contact damage.
- Removed frost beams from the fight in Revengeance and Death Mode.
- Now gains the ability to divebomb below 25% health.
- 1.4.4.003: Now takes 25% damage from rainbow projectiles.
- Reduced Frozen and Chilled time from frost lasers.
- Now takes 38% damage from Spent Fuel Container instead of 33%.
- Now takes 10% damage from Brimstone Sword's projectiles and 1% damage from its explosions.
- 1.4.4.001: Reduced Revengeance Mode scrap projectile lifespan.
- Upon reaching 50% / 100% health, The Destroyer will begin to move more similarly to a Wyvern compared to a regular worm enemy. When it moves like this, it will move more in the air and will not use the ground to accelerate towards mid-air players.
- No longer fires lasers if a player is too close to its body in Revengeance Mode.
- Now takes 50% damage from Hell Burst.
- Nerfed head damage from 70 / 280 / 350 / 402 to 70 / 280 / 308 / 324 .
- Nerfed body damage from 55 / 93 / 116 / 133 to 55 / 93 / 111 / 122 .
- Nerfed tail damage from 40 / 68 / 85 / 97 to 44 / 68 / 81 / 89 .
- Nerfed Probe's contact damage from 50 / 80 / 100 / 114 to 50 / 80 / 96 / 105 .
- Nerfed death laser damage from 44 / 72 / 92 / 105 to 44 / 72 / 92 / 100 .
- Nerfed frost laser damage from 100 / 115 to 100 / 108 .
- Nerfed homing laser damage from 108 / 124 to 108 / 116 .
- Nerfed scrap damage from 92 / 105 to 92 / 100 .
- Nerfed Probe laser damage from 50 / 88 / 101 to 50 / 88 .
- Buffed fall speed in Revengeance Mode.
- Homing lasers now have a maximum spawn limit of 2 / 3 .
- Nerfed Probe damage reduction from 25% to 20%.
- Probes no longer have increased size in Death Mode.
- Death Mode changes:
- Transitions into Phase 2 and 3 immediately instead of below 66% and 33% health.
- Decreased laser speed and firing rate.
- Moves at the highest speed immediately, instead of gradually speeding up as health lowers.
- Has the highest defense immediately, instead of gradually gaining defense as health lowers.
- Fixed it not despawning the body segments properly.
- Buffed Probe's Boss Rush health from 50,000 to 100,000.
- Removed resistance to Holy Arrow's stars.
- Fixed a bug that caused it to be nearly invincible in Normal and Expert Mode.
- All non-minion piercing damage is now cut in half instead of being divided by the amount of times the projectile pierces or multiplied by 20% if the projectile pierces infinitely.
- Now takes 75% damage from Crystal Bullet shards, Holy Arrow stars, Spear of Paleolith shards, and Cryogenic Staff, Frosty Flare, and Winter's Fury's frost shards.
- Now resists Kelvin Catalyst's main boomerang, and no longer causes it to despawn quicker.
- Revengeance Mode lasers now inflict On Fire! for 4 seconds instead of 3.
- No longer has specialized resistances to certain projectiles, and now takes 20% damage from infinitely piercing non-minion projectiles, and divides the damage of other piercing projectiles by the amount of times they pierce.
- Reworked Revengeance Mode AI:
- As it loses health, its speed increases but it fires lasers less frequently.
- Uses only normal lasers above 66% health, only frost lasers between 33-66%, and only homing lasers below 33%.
- Homing lasers now start homing after 3 seconds instead of 2, but speed up after 4.5 seconds instead of 6.
- Body segments with their Probes still attached have extra defense.
- Body segments with their Probes detached have less defense.
- Body segments that have lost their Probes will fire scraps instead of lasers.
- Now has a size scale factor of 1.5x in both Revengeance and Death Mode instead of having a 1.2x factor in Revengeance Mode, and 1.25x in Death Mode.
- 184.108.40.206: Revengeance Mode lasers can no longer pass through tiles.
- 1.4.2.004: Decreased Probe's health modifier from 1.8x / 2.7x to 1.6x / 1.9x .
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 5,000,000 to 2,500,000.
- Nerfed Probe's Boss Rush health from 100,000 to 50,000.
- Nerfed contact damage modifier while enraged from 5x to 2.25x.
- Decreased amounts of health required for it to gain extra speed.
- Decreased how often homing lasers are shot.
- Now enrages if gravity is flipped.
- Now takes 1% damage from all sources for 8 seconds after spawning instead of 10%.
- Body segments now take 65% damage from Spear of Paleolith's fossil shards, and the hallowed stars from Holy Arrows, Star Veil, Star Cloak, and Bee Cloak.
- Body and tail segments can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Probes can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Projectiles now have more descriptive names.
- Buffed Boss Rush health from 3,800,000 to 5,000,000.
- Buffed Probe's Boss Rush health from 85,000 to 100,000.
- Now takes greatly decreased damage for 8 seconds after spawning.
- Decreased overall speed.
- Body segments now have a chance to fire homing lasers.
- Lasers now inflict On Fire! in Revengeance Mode.
- All segments no longer take 50% damage from Crystal Bullet shards and Holy Arrow stars.
- Body segments no longer take 65% damage from rain projectiles such as the ones from Nimbus Rod and Shaderain Staff, Crystal Serpent's split projectiles, and Vilethorn-like projectiles.
- Buffed health modifier from 1.15x / 1.5x to 1.25x / 1.6x .
- Buffed Draedon's Remote variant's health modifier from 1.6x / 2.5x to 1.8x / 2.7x .
- Buffed Probe's health modifier in Death Mode from 1.8x to 1.9x .
- Buffed Probe's Draedon's Remote variant's health modifier in Death Mode from 2.5x to 2.7x .
- Nerfed head damage reduction from 15% to 10%, body damage reduction from 25% to 20%, and tail damage reduction from 60% to 35%.
- Nerfed Probe damage reduction from 30% to 25%.
- Lowered projectile fire rates in Revengeance Mode.
- Changed health modifier from 1.1x / 2.1x to 1.15x / 1.5x .
- Now takes 50% damage from Crystal Bullet shards and Holy Arrow stars.
- No longer forces projectiles to pierce at most 4 times.
- No longer takes 65% damage from Crystal Serpent's split projectiles, Crimson Rod, Nimbus Rod, and Shaderain Staff's rain projectiles, or Vilethorn-like projectiles in Revengeance Mode.
- Frost lasers no longer inflict Glacial State if the player is already inflicted with it.
- Body segments now cap projectile piercing at 4 instead of 2 in Revengeance Mode.
- Now takes 65% damage from Crimson Rod, Crystal Serpent, Nimbus Rod, Shaderain Staff, and Vilethorn-like instead of 35% in Revengeance Mode.
- Now takes 80% damage from infinitely piercing projectiles instead of 25% in Revengeance Mode.
- No longer divides projectile damage by the amount of times that said projectile pierces in Revengeance Mode.
- Probes are now affected by the early Hardmode damage and health nerfs.
- Increased speed in Revengeance Mode.
- Body segments now take 25% damage from Crystal Serpent's split projectiles.
- 1.3.0.002: Body segments now take 35% damage from Vilethorn-like projectiles.
- Now shoots lasers more often in Revengeance Mode.
- Movement speed and laser speed are now faster in Revengeance Mode.
- Body segments now take 35% damage from Crimson Rod, Nimbus Rod, and Shaderain Staff's rain instead of 65%.
- Buffed Death Mode health modifier from 1.2x to 2.1x , and Death Mode damage modifier from 1.5x to 1.8x .
- Buffed Probe's Death Mode health modifier from 1.5x to 1.8x , and damage modifier from 1.5x to 1.8x .
- Body segments now take 65% damage from Crimson Rod, Nimbus Rod, and Shaderain Staff's rain.
- No longer has resistance against Flails.
- Nerfed health modifier from 1.3x / 1.6x to 1.1x / 1.2x , but buffed Death Mode damage modifier from 1.25x to 1.5x .
- Now gains a 1.25x damage modifier in all modes.
- Body now forces all projectiles which pierce more than twice to pierce twice.
- Body in Death Mode now cuts all infinitely piercing projectile damage by 75%, and any projectiles that pierce more than once have their damage divided by how many times they pierce.
- Probes no longer drop Hearts in Revengeance Mode.
- 1.2.4.001: Now limits projectile piercing to 2 instead of 3.
- 1.2.3.004: Now lowers the piercing of projectiles which pierce more than 3 times to 3 instead of ones that pierce more than 2 times.
- 1.2.3.002: Now gains a 1.6x health modifier in Death Mode.
- 1.2.3.001: Now takes 30% damage from Holy Arrows.
- 1.2.2.001: Lowered body's defense multiplier as its health gets lower by 40%.
- Lowered body's defense.
- Now takes 25% damage from Bee Cloak, Holy Arrow, Star Cloak, and Star Veil stars instead of 16.67% in Revengeance Mode.
- Now sets the piercing of projectiles which pierce 2 or more times to 3 instead of 2.
- Body segments now fire lasers more often as its health lowers in Revengeance Mode.
- Frost beams now inflict Glacial State.
- Now takes 16.67% damage from Bee Cloak, Holy Arrow, Star Cloak, and Star Veil stars instead of 33% in Revengeance Mode.
- Now forces all projectiles to pierce at most 2 times instead of 3 in Revengeance Mode.
- 1.2.0.004: Now has a higher chance to fire a frost laser in Revengeance Mode.
- Probe now inflicts Marked for Death for 3 seconds in Revengeance Mode.
- No longer fires lasers more often if the player has high Stress.
- 220.127.116.111: Piercing nerfs have been moved to Revengeance Mode instead of Expert Mode.