Plague Hive

From Calamity Mod Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Astrageldon Slime map.png This page describes old mod content that was removed or replaced. The information here does not apply to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
Plague Hive
  • Plague Hive.png
Stack digit 1.png
TooltipAll attacks inflict the Plague and grants immunity to the Plague
Releases bees when damaged that inflict the Plague
Projectiles spawn plague seekers on enemy hits
Inflicts DebuffPlaguePlague
100% chance

Debuff duration2, 4, or 6 seconds (On attack)
5 seconds (Bee/wasp projectiles)
3 seconds (Plague Seekers)
Debuff tooltipRotting from the inside
Grants immunity toPlague
RarityRarity Level: 10
Sell 20 Gold Coin.png
Research1 required
Projectile created
Plague Bee
Plague Seeker

The Plague Hive was a Hardmode accessory. Equipping it granted the following benefits:

  • The player was granted immunity to the Plague debuff.
  • All of the player's attacks inflicted the Plague debuff.
  • All of the player's attacks spawned homing plague seekers upon hitting an enemy.
    • Plague seekers dealt 25% damage of the attack that spawned them, capped at 30 damage.
  • When the player took damage, several bees were spawned that would seek out and attack nearby enemies.



Crafting Station
Ancient ManipulatorAncient Manipulator
Alchemical FlaskAlchemical Flask1
Honey CombHoney Comb1
Plague HivePlague Hive hist1


  • The player's attacks had a 25% chance to inflict Plague for 6 seconds, a 37.5% chance to inflict Plague for 4 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to inflict Plague for 2 seconds.


  • This item used to require the Toxic Heart and provide its effects, formerly making it exclusive to Expert Mode or above.


These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
  • Fixed it still granting Hive Pack's increased bee damage.
    • Now causes bees and wasps to inflict Plague for 5 seconds instead of 6.
    • Removed the flavor tooltip.
    • No longer increases the damage of friendly bees, reduces the damage taken by the Plague debuff by 50%, or summons a damaging plague aura.
    • No longer uses Hive Pack or Toxic Heart in its recipe.
    • Removed a redundant line in its tooltip.
    • Resprited.
  • Now removes the blindness effect caused by the Plague debuff while equipped.
    • No longer grants immunity to Plague; instead it reduces the damage over time by 50%.
    • Fixed plague seekers dealing melee damage.
  • Moved the flavor text to the first line of tooltip.
    • Now has an internal rarity of Rarity Level: 9.
    • Plague Seekers now inflict Plague for 3 seconds instead of 5.
    • Now randomly adds 20-30 damage to all player bees instead of 10-20 if the player is using The Swarmer, Plague Keeper, or Plaguenades and 70-100 with other items.
  • No longer blinds and weakens the player when above 90% health, but bees now have a damage cap of 30.
    • Now has a limit of 6 Plague Seekers at a time, and they now last 3 seconds instead of 2.5.
    • Fixed it not boosting bee damage.
  • Plague Seekers now last 2.5 seconds instead of 10, create less dust, inflict Plague for 5 seconds instead of 10, and are faster.
    • Plague Seekers now produce less dust.
    • Attacking while equipped now inflicts Plague for 2 seconds instead of 3.