Void of Extinction

From Calamity Mod Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Void of Extinction
  • Void of Extinction.png
Stack digit 1.png
Tooltip13% increased critical strike chance
Critical strikes explode, causing nearby enemies to ignite with Brimstone Flames
Greatly reduces the damage taken by the Brimstone Flames debuff
Inflicts DebuffBrimstone FlamesBrimstone Flames
100% chance

Debuff duration2, 4, or 6 seconds (Explosion)
Debuff tooltipIncinerating both body and mind
RarityRarity Level: 8
Sell 12 Gold Coin.png
Research1 required

The Void of Extinction is a craftable Hardmode accessory. When equipped, it increases critical strike chance by 13%, and also landing a critical strike will create an explosion and inflicting nearby enemies with Brimstone Flames. The explosion deals 3% damage with a soft cap of 25, and has a 0.25 second cooldown. It also greatly reduces the damage taken by the Brimstone Flames debuff.




  • There is a 25% chance for Brimstone Flames to be inflicted for 6 seconds, a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 4 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 2 seconds.


These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
  • Can now be equipped at the same time as Void of Calamity.
  • Nerfed critical strike chance boost from 16% to 13%. Explosions now deal 3% damage instead of 10% and have a soft damage cap of 25 instead of 35.
    • Reworked:
      • No longer grants 12 defense, increases damage by 12%, grants lava immunity, immunity to several debuffs, makes projectiles rain from the sky occasionally and when hit, or makes attacks inflict Brimstone Flames.
      • Now greatly reduces the damage over time of Brimstone Flames, and increases critical strike chance by 16%.
      • Landing a critical strike creates an explosion that inflicts Brimstone Flames for 6 seconds. This explosion deals 10% damage with a soft cap of 35, and has a 0.25 second cooldown.
    • No longer uses Molten Skull Rose, Gehenna, or Void of Calamity in its recipe.
  • Now provides full lava immunity instead of Obsidian Rose's lava damage reduction.
    • Buffed damage boost from 10% to 12% and defense boost from 8 to 12.
    • Buffed brimstone fireball base damage from 70 to 100, now inflicts Brimstone Flames on all hits instead of Hellfire on melee hits.
  • Projectile rains are now on set timers and no longer spawn randomly.
  • Now uses a Core of Chaos and 3 Scoria Bars in its recipe.
  • Now has a tooltip stating it provides heat immunity in Death Mode.
  • Fireballs now grant 60 local immunity frames.
    • Now has an internal rarity of Rarity Level: 9.
    • Fireballs now inflict Brimstone Flames for 2 seconds instead of 2.67.
  • Lava immunity is now temporary, but it now also reduces lava damage.
    • Fireballs are now produced every 10 seconds instead of 5.
    • Now produces less fireballs.
  • Can no longer be equipped with Void of Calamity.
  • Now makes the player immune to Lava.
    • Buffed damage boost from 10% to 15%.
    • Now grants temporary immunity to Lava and 25% increased damage while submerged in it.
    • Now uses Magma Stone in its recipe.
  • Brimstone fire projectiles now set NPC immunity frames to 7.
  • Fixed hellfireballs dealing magic damage.