Abyssal Diving Suit
|Tooltip||Transforms the holder into an armored diver|
Increases max movement speed and acceleration while underwater but you move slowly outside of water
The suit's armored plates increase damage reduction by 15%
The plates will only take damage if the damage taken is over 50
After the suit has taken too much damage its armored plates will take 3 minutes to regenerate
Reduces the damage caused by the pressure of the abyss while out of breath
Removes the bleed effect caused by the abyss in all layers except the Void
Grants the ability to swim and greatly extends underwater breathing
Provides light underwater and extra mobility on ice
Provides a moderate amount of light in the abyss
Greatly reduces breath loss in the abyss
Reduces creature's ability to detect you in the abyss
Reduces the defense reduction that the abyss causes
Grants immunity to the sulphurous waters
Allows you to fall faster while in liquids
|Grants Buff||Abyssal Diving Suit|
|Buff tooltip||You are made of metal|
|Grants Buff||Abyssal Diving Suit Plates|
|Buff tooltip||The plates will absorb 15% damage|
|Grants immunity to|
The Abyssal Diving Suit is a craftable post-Moon Lord accessory which transforms the user into an armored diver when equipped. It provides water breathing, and it combines and enhances the effects of the Abyssal Diving Gear, Anechoic Plating and Iron Boots, while also granting immunity to the Sulphuric Poisoning debuff, making it the ultimate tool for exploring the Abyss.
Additionally, while the player is underwater, their movement speed and acceleration are boosted by 5%. However, while on land, their movement speed is reduced by 60% (lowered by 20% for each missing durability point on the armored plates).
The suit possesses "armored plates" that reduce damage dealt to the player by 15% (lowered by 3% for each missing durability point on the armored plates). However, the plates will be damaged if the player takes more than 50 damage in one hit. The plates can sustain 3 of these hits before breaking. Once broken, they will take 3 minutes to regenerate. While the plates are recharging, the player will not benefit from their damage reduction bonus.
|Abyssal Diving Gear||1|
|Abyssal Diving Suit||1|
- The damage reduction provided by the suit's plates is calculated separately from typical damage reduction. As a result, it is not affected by the Calamity Mod's DR scaling system.
- The check for how much damage was dealt to the player, for determining whether the plates will be damaged, occurs after all defense and damage reduction calculations.
- In compact display mode, the durability of the plates will be displayed with a number over the icon.
- When the player gets hurt, the sound played is similar to the mechanical hurt sound.
- 2.0.3.003: Fixed an apostrophe being misplaced in its tooltip.
- 2.0.2.001: No longer uses 40 Depth Cells, 40 Lumenyl, or 15 Tenebris in its recipe.
- 2.0.1.001: Removed the hidden acceleration and run speed penalty.
- 2.0.0.001: Now grants immunity to Sulphuric Poisoning while equipped.
- Now increases the player's movement speed based on how close the Abyssal Diving Suit Plates are to breaking. Each plate hit increases movement speed by 20%. This effect only occurs while the player is submerged in liquid.
- Resprited Abyssal Diving Suit, Abyssal Diving Suit Plates, and Abyssal Diving Suit Plates Broken buffs.
- 1.4.5.001: Resprited.
- 1.4.3.001: Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- 1.4.2.001: Now uses 5 Luminite Bars in its recipe.
- 1.4.1.001: Fixed it and Abyssal Diving Suit Plates' tooltip and description still saying that the plates reduce damage by 25% instead of 15%.
- 1.4.0.002: Abyssal Diving Suit Plates now increases damage reduction by 15% instead of 25%.
- Added the lines "Provides a moderate amount of light in the abyss" and "Greatly reduces breath loss in the abyss" to tooltip.
- Now lets the player breathe infinitely when submerged in non-Abyss Water.
- 126.96.36.199: Resprited it, and the Abyssal Diving Suit, Abyssal Diving Suit Plates, and Abyssal Diving Suit Plates Broken buffs.
- 1.3.0.001: Introduced.