|Type||Armor – Set|
|Set Bonus||5% increased movement speed and +3 max minions|
35% increased damage and 25% increased critical strike chance
Whenever you crit an enemy, a barrage of stars will rain down
This effect has a 1 second cooldown before it can trigger again
|Inflicts Debuff||Astral Infection|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds (Astral stars)|
|Debuff tooltip||Your flesh is melting off|
Astral armor is a Hardmode armor set crafted from Astral Bars and Meteorite Bars. It requires 30 Astral Bars and 23 Meteorite Bars to craft the entire set. Astral armor is unique because it permanently grants the effects of Dangersense, Hunter, and Spelunker Potions while it is equipped, allowing its wearer to see all nearby creatures, treasure, ores, and traps. If all three pieces of Astral armor are visible (whether equipped or in vanity slots), the player will have afterimages following them.
The full set grants the following stats and bonuses (this includes the set bonus):
- 63 defense
- 35% increased damage
- 25% increased critical strike chance
- 15% increased movement speed
- +80 max mana
- +20 max life
- +3 max minions
- Creature, treasure, ore, and danger detection
- With a 1-second cooldown, critical hits will cause three stars - Astral, Fallen, Bee Cloak, or Star Cloak stars - to rain down on the target that deal 120 damage.
- Stars are only generated from enemies that have a damage stat of 5 or higher, with the exception of enemies spawned from statues.
- This armor has significantly lower bonuses for the summoner class relative to other classes, as summoners cannot benefit from critical strike chance increases. This results in the stars not spawning.
- However, due to the high damage boost, minion slots and movement speed increase that this armor provides, it can be still be efficient, especially for hybrid builds.
- 2.0.3.001: No longer uses a custom variant of the Fallen Star projectile.
- Increased Astral Helm sell price from 8 to 16 .
- Increased Astral Breastplate sell price from 6 40 to 16 .
- Increased Astral Leggings sell price from 4 80 to 16 .
- Buffed set bonus damage boost from 28% to 35%, critical strike chance from 21% to 25%, but nerfed movement speed from 15% to 5%.
- Nerfed Astral Leggings movement speed boost from 15% to 10%.
- Astral Breastplate's minion slot boost has been moved to the set bonus.
- Buffed Astral Leggings movement speed boost from 10% to 15%, but nerfed set bonus movement speed boost from 25% to 15%.
- 1.4.4.002: Fallen stars now use a new projectile that deals ranged damage and decreases its damage by 6.25% for each enemy it strikes.
- Buffed max mana boost from 20 to 80.
- Star now functions in PvP.
- Astral Helm now uses 9 Meteorite Bars in its recipe.
- Astral Breastplate now uses 6 Meteorite Bars in its recipe.
- Astral Leggings now use 8 Meteorite Bars in their recipe.
- 22.214.171.124: Set bonus now inflicts Astral Infection.
- 126.96.36.199: Stars now have afterimages.
- Buffed Astral Helmet's defense from 13 to 17.
- Buffed Astral Breastplate's defense from 23 to 25, and it now provides 3 minion slots instead of 2.
- Buffed Astral Leggings' defense from 17 to 21.
- Buffed set bonus damage boost from 22% to 28%, and movement speed boost from 17% to 21%.
- Buffed star damage from 75 to 120.
- Now uses the rarity instead of .
- Increased Astral Helmet's sell price from 6 to 8 .
- Increased Astral Breastplate's sell price from 4 80 to 6 40 .
- Decreased Astral Leggings' sell price from 3 60 to 3 40 .
- Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- 1.4.1.001: Set bonus stars now have a 1 second cooldown instead of 2, nerfed critical strike chance boost from 22% to 17%, and description now specifies the critical strike chance boost.
- Resprited Astral Star projectiles.
- Fixed Astral Star projectiles using the wrong dust types.
- 1.4.0.001: Resprited.
- 188.8.131.52: Resprited.
- 1.3.3.001: Set bonus stars now have a cooldown of 2 seconds instead of 3.
- 1.3.2.001: Nerfed Astral Breastplate's max health and mana boosts from 30 to 20.
- Now has a 3 second cooldown before it can create more stars.
- Nerfed set bonus star damage from 100 to 75.
- Set bonus no longer provides highly increased movement speed scaling with the player's health, and instead now grants 22% increased damage and critical strike chance along with an additional 25% increased movement speed.
- Helmet no longer provides damage and critical strike chance boosts.
- 1.2.2.001: Adjusted the color of the stars created.
- 184.108.40.2061: Nerfed star damage from 120 to 100.
- 220.127.116.111: Introduced.
|Ore • Bar • Brick • Brick Wall • Pickaxe • Hamaxe • Starcore|
Blade • Pike • Blaster • Bow • Staff • Radiant Star
Armor • Hadarian Wings • Blue Dye • Flesh Dye • Orange Dye • Swirl Dye