Empyrean armor is a craftable post-Moon Lord armor set crafted from Meld Constructs, as well as Luminite Bars. It serves as the Lunar-tier armor for the rogue class. It requires 45 Meld Constructs and 36 Luminite Bars to make the whole set. If all three pieces of the set are visible (whether equipped or in social slots), the player will have a pulsing aura and afterimages. Additionally, the armor's movement and item swinging animations will change to be more unique than each individual piece's animation.
It consists of a Empyrean Mask, Empyrean Cloak, and Empyrean Cuisses.
The full set grants the following stats and bonuses (this includes the set bonus):
- 71 defense
- 32% increased rogue damage
- 23% increased rogue critical strike chance
- 9% increased rogue velocity
- 20% increased movement speed
- +20 max life
- Temporary immunity to lava
- Grants the Empyrean Rage and Empyrean Wrath buffs for 4 seconds upon taking damage, granting the player 10% increased rogue damage and 5% increased rogue critical strike chance respectively
- Grants the Wrath and Rage buffs indefinitely while below half health, further granting the player 10% increased damage and critical strike chance respectively
- Gives a max stealth of 115
With the set bonus active, all rogue projectiles will be able to spawn a variety of different Empyrean projectiles upon striking enemies. After a projectile spawns, there is a short cooldown before a new one can spawn:
|Empyrean Star||Released at a random velocity and strongly homes into enemies.|
Deals 80% of the damage of the projectile that spawned it and is softcapped at 120 damage.
|Empyrean Damaging Orb||Weakly homes into enemies, deals 62.5% of the projectile's damage and is softcapped at 100 damage.|
|Empyrean Healing Orb||Spawns alongside the damaging orb and heals for 6% of the projectile's damage.|
If the projectile pierces, each hit reduces the lifesteal by 1.5% of the projectile's damage
|Empyrean Fire Spark||Affected by gravity and lingers on the ground for three seconds.|
Deals 15% of the projectile's damage, softcapped at 30 damage.
If three or more sparks exist at a time, no new Empyrean projectiles can be spawned.
|n/a Empyrean Blast||Deals 20% of the projectile's damage in an area, softcapped at 40 damage.|
If three or more blasts exist at a time, no new Empyrean projectiles can be spawned.
|Empyrean Bubble||Weakly homes into enemies, deals 60% of the projectile's damage and is softcapped at 90 damage.|
- Individual piece animations cannot be seen together in-game, however each part can be seen on their own if worn without the rest of the set.
- This armor set is considered to be the Rogue equivalent of the Lunar Fragments armors.
- The additional projectiles spawned by the set bonus do not have any damage types.
- While the full set is equipped, melee weapons release magenta dust when swung, which emit a decent amount of light.
- Empyrean Mask now uses 10 Meld Constructs in its recipe instead of 12.
- Empyrean Cloak now uses 20 Meld Constructs in its recipe instead of 22.
- Empyrean Cuisses now use 15 Meld Constructs in their recipe instead of 18.
- Increased Empyrean Mask sell price from 8 to 20 .
- Increased Empyrean Cloak sell price from 6 40 to 20 .
- Increased Empyrean Cuisses sell price from 4 80 to 20 .
- Nerfed Empyrean Mask movement speed boost from 20% to 5%.
- Nerfed Empyrean Cuisses movement speed boost from 20% to 15%.
- Nerfed Empyrean Mask movement speed boost from 22% to 20%.
- Empyrean Cloak no longer gives a movement speed boost.
- Fixed an oversight where "Empyrean" was not a viable string for the
- Stars now have a soft damage cap of 120.
- Orbs now have a soft damage cap of 100.
- Nerfed fire projectile's soft damage cap from 40 to 30.
- Bubbles now have a soft damage cap of 90.
- Renamed "Xeroc Mask" to "Empyrean Mask", "Xeroc Plate Mail" to "Empyrean Cloak", "Xeroc Cuisses" to "Empyrean Cuisses", "Xeroc Rage" to "Empyrean Rage", and "Xeroc Wrath" to "Empyrean Wrath".
- Empyrean Mask no longer grants immunity to Chilled, Cursed, Cursed Inferno, or On Fire!.
- All set bonus projectiles no longer inflict On Fire! or Cursed Inferno.
- Now increases max stealth by 115 instead of 125.
- Xeroc Mask now has a tooltip stating it provides heat immunity in Death Mode.
- 126.96.36.199: Set bonus now explains how to use stealth strikes in its tooltip.
- Xeroc Mask now provides a 22% movement speed boost.
- Orbs, bubbles, and stars now inflict On Fire! and Cursed Inferno for 2 seconds each instead of 3.33.
- Fire now inflicts On Fire! and Cursed Inferno for 2 seconds each instead of 2.67.
- Xeroc Plate Mail no longer increases max mana by 20.
- Orbs now deal 125% projectile damage instead of 120%.
- Xeroc Mask's lava immunity is now temporary.
- Healing effect no longer triggers on enemies with the canGhostHeal tag disabled, and reduced the potency of its lifesteal by 25%.
- Damaging projectiles now have a damage cap of 40.
- Now only provides boosts for rogue stats instead of all damage types.
- Set bonus now has a cap of 3 blasts and 3 fire projectiles at once.
- All set bonus projectiles have had their damages adjusted:
- Orbs now deal 120% damage instead of 80%.
- Blasts now deal 20% damage instead of 15%.
- Fire projectiles now deal 15% damage instead of 10%.
- Stars now deal 160% damage instead of 130%.
- Bubbles now deal 120% damage instead of 130%.
- Nerfed Xeroc Wrath's critical strike chance boost from 10% to 5%.
- Nerfed Xeroc Mask's rogue damage and critical strike chance boosts from 12% to 11%, and removed its minion slot boost.
- Buffed Xeroc Plate Mail's rogue damage and critical strike chance boosts from 6% to 7%.
- Xeroc Cuisses now grant a 5% rogue damage boost.
- Buffed set bonus rogue damage boost from 7% to 9%, and gave it a rogue velocity boost.
- 1.4.0.001: Fixed Xeroc Mask stating it gives 2 minion slots instead of 3.
- Nerfed orb damage from 65% to 40%.
- Nerfed blast damage from 33% to 15%.
- Nerfed fire damage from 33% to 10%.
- 1.3.3.001: Increased the size of damaging and healing orbs' dusts.
- Xeroc Mask now uses 8 Luminite Bars and 12 Meld Bars in its recipe instead of 9 Meld Bars.
- Xeroc Plate Mail now uses 16 Luminite Bars and 22 Meld Bars in its recipe instead of 15 Meld Bars.
- Xeroc Cuisses now use 12 Luminite Bars and 18 Meld Bars in their recipe instead of 11 Meld Bars.
- Nerfed Xeroc Plate Mail's max health and mana boosts from 80 to 20.
- Orbs and bubbles now deal 33% damage instead of 50%.
- Blasts, fire, and star projectiles now deal 33% damage instead of a base of 60 each.
- Set bonus no longer provides increased stats as the player's health lowers.
- Buffed Xeroc Mask damage and critical strike chance boosts from 10% to 12%.
- Xeroc Plate Mail now provides a 6% damage and critical strike chance boost.
- Nerfed Xeroc Plate Mail's movement speed boost from 12% to 6%.
- Nerfed Xeroc Cuisses' critical strike chance boost from 7% to 5%.
- 1.2.2.007: Resprited Xeroc Mask, Xeroc Plate Mail, Xeroc Cuisses, and Xeroc Wrath.
- 1.2.1.004: Nerfed damage and critical strike chance boosts between 40% and 20% health from 20% to 15%.
- Nerfed Xeroc Mask damage reduction when below 20% health from 30% to 25%.
- Nerfed Xeroc Plate Mail max health boost from 150 to 80.
- 188.8.131.521: Healing orbs now lasts 4 seconds instead of 5.
- All projectiles now produce less or no dust.
- Set bonus now activates at different health values.
- Now provides melee speed boosts in addition to its other stat boosts as health lowers.
- 184.108.40.2062: Xeroc Mask now provides 3 minion slots.
- Nerfed Xeroc Mask defense from 23 to 20.
- Buffed Xeroc Plate Mail defense from 22 to 27.
- Buffed Xeroc Cuisses defense from 17 to 24, nerfed critical strike chance boost from 10% to 7%, and nerfed movement speed boost from 30% to 20%.
- Set bonus changes:
- Now affects throwing damage and critical strike chance, and summon damage.
- Removed mana cost penalty when the player is below 40% health.
- Nerfed mana cost reduction from 15% to 10%.
- Final set of stat changes now activates when below 20% health instead of 25%.
- Nerfed critical strike chance boost when below 85% health from 10% to 5% and damage boost when below 75% health from 15% to 5%.
- Decreased damage penalty when below 20% health from -25% to -10%, and critical strike chance penalty from -20% to -5%.
- Explosions and fire projectiles now pierce once instead of infinitely.
- Explosions now last 0.8 seconds instead of 0.17.
- 220.127.116.118: Resprited Xeroc Wrath.
- 18.104.22.1685: Resprited Xeroc Rage and Xeroc Wrath.
- 22.214.171.1241: No longer provides Xeroc Rage and Xeroc Wrath at any time the player has immunity frames active.
- 126.96.36.199: Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- 188.8.131.52: Resprited.
- 184.108.40.206: Resprited Xeroc Cuisses, Xeroc Mask, and Xeroc Plate Mail.
- Nerfed Xeroc Mask defense from 25 to 23.
- Nerfed Xeroc Plate Mail defense from 23 to 22.
- Nerfed Xeroc Cuisses defense from 18 to 17.
- Broke up tooltips for Xeroc Plate Mail and Xeroc Cuisses to use separate lines instead of it all being on one line.
- Now requires a Hardmode Anvil to craft instead of a Particle Accelerator.
- 1.1.5: Set bonus now grants the Xeroc Rage and Xeroc Wrath buffs when damaged, and spawns different projectiles based on what damage is being inflicted.
- Nerfed Xeroc Mask damage and critical strike chance boosts from 15% to 10%.
- Nerfed Xeroc Cuisses defense from 20 to 18.
- Set bonus now grants 15% damage reduction when below 50% health instead of 25%, and 20% damage reduction when below 25% health instead of 40%.
- Nerfed Xeroc Mask defense from 28 to 25.
- Nerfed Xeroc Plate Mail defense from 27 to 23.
- 220.127.116.11: Now grants a 10% damage boost to summoner and throwing weapons.
- Slightly nerfed the Endurance effect, but increased max health and movement speed to compensate.
- Nerfed Xeroc Mask damage reduction boost from 45% to 40%.
- Xeroc Plate Mail now increases max health by 150.
- Buffed Xeroc Cuisses movement speed boost from 20% to 30%, and updated its tooltip to reflect this.
- 1.0: Introduced.
|Blob • Construct • Genesis Pickaxe|
Entropic Claymore • Dead Sun's Wind • Tome of Fates • Shard of Antumbra • Star of Destruction
Empyrean armor • Exodus Wings • Dark Matter Sheath