|Type||Armor – Set|
|Set Bonus||Grants an additional 15% increased damage and magic crit|
Press Armor Set Bonus to trigger a brimflame frenzy effect
While under this effect, you get an additional 40% increase to magic damage
However, this comes at the cost of rapid life loss and no mana regeneration
This can be toggled off, however, a brimflame frenzy has a 30 second cooldown
|Grants Buff||Brimflame Frenzy|
|Buff duration||10 seconds (Upon activation)|
|Buff tooltip||Dark magic empowers your attacks at the cost of your life|
|Grants immunity to|
|Sell||28 80 (set)|
Brimflame armor is a Hardmode armor set. It requires 17 Ashes of Calamity and 9 Unholy Cores to craft the entire set. The armor mainly grants bonuses to the mage class. If the full set is visible (whether equipped or in social slots), the player will have a tiny pulsating aura around them.
It consists of a Brimflame Cowl, Brimflame Robes, and Brimflame Boots.
The full set grants the following stats and bonuses (this includes the set bonus):
- 41 defense
- 30% increased magic damage
- 25% increased magic critical strike chance
- 5% increased movement speed
- +70 max mana
- 10% decreased mana usage
- Immunity to On Fire!, Brimstone Flames, Burning and Frostburn
- Pressing Armor Set Bonus will activate Brimflame Frenzy for 10 seconds, temporarily multiplying the player's magic projectile damage by 1.4x. However, the player's life regen is reduced by 42 (causing heavy damage over time) and mana regeneration is disabled for the duration. Brimflame Frenzy has a 30 second cooldown after its usage.
|Ashes of Calamity||5|
|Ashes of Calamity||4|
|Ashes of Calamity||8|
- If the player is able to dodge attacks effectively, the Regenator is a great, non-conditional way to quickly restore the health lost during the Brimflame Frenzy state without consuming a potion. However, the halving of max HP the item provides poses a great risk of being one-shot.
- 2.0.1.002: Decreased Brimflame Cowl, Brimflame Robes, and Brimflame Boots sell price from 12 to 9 60 .
- 2.0.1.001: Fixed "brimflame frenzy" being written as "brimstone frenzy" on the last tooltip line of the set bonus.
- Brimflame Cowl now uses 4 Ashes of Calamity in its recipe instead of 10.
- Brimflame Robes now use 8 Ashes of Calamity in their recipe instead of 20.
- Brimflame Boots now use 5 Ashes of Calamity in their recipe instead of 15.
- Moved Obsidian Rose to the top of Brimflame Robes' recipe.
- Removed Brimflame Frenzy Cooldown debuff; it now appears on the cooldown rack.
- Buffed Brimflame Cowl defense from 7 to 11.
- Buffed Brimflame Robes defense from 10 to 15.
- Buffed Brimflame Boots defense from 10 to 15.
- Nerfed set bonus frenzy damage modifier from 150% to 130%.
- 1.4.5.002: Added new sound effects.
- 1.4.4.002: Renamed "Brimflame Scowl" to "Brimflame Cowl".
- 1.4.4.001: Introduced.