Arc Nova Diffuser
|Use time||9 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Charges and fires a rapid burst of nova bolts|
The first charging stage increases the fire rate of the burst
The second charging stage replaces the rapid burst with a devastating nova blast
|Inflicts Debuff||Cursed Inferno|
|Debuff duration||15 seconds (Charged Blast)|
1.5 seconds (Nova Shot)
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life|
The Arc Nova Diffuser is a craftable Hardmode ranged weapon which does not consume ammo. It directly upgrades the Magna Cannon and Opal Striker. While holding, the player channels a glowing green orb at the tip of the gun, and loads one unstable energy bolt every 0.22 seconds.
After channeling for 2.6 seconds, the orb emits its first pulse, increasing the amount of loaded bolts to 15. Releasing prior to the second pulse causes a semi-accurate barrage of loaded energy bolts to fire at a rate of 7.5 bolts per second, which is 15% faster when released after the first pulse. Energy bolts can pierce indefinitely and pass through tiles.
After channeling for 3.88 seconds total, the orb emits its second pulse and reaches its maximum power, instead loading one powerful nova blast. Releasing beyond this point fires a non-piercing blast which deals 2000% damage and 300% knockback.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
|Martian Conduit Plating||15|
|Arc Nova Diffuser||1|
- Uncharged nova shots deal 12% less damage for each enemy hit.
- This weapon's functionality is a reference to the Nova Beam found in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
- The sound effects of the weapon are also identical to those of the Nova Beam
- 2.0.3.006: Charge light now glows green, which gets brighter the higher the charge is.
- Renamed from "Magna Striker" to "Arc Nova Diffuser".
- Buffed damage from 50 to 172 and knockback from 2.25 to 4, but nerfed use time from 5 to 9 and shot speed from 15 to 12.
- No longer fires a random assortment of bullets and opal strikes, and no longer consumes any ammo.
- Holding left click will now charge up the weapon to fire a rapid fire burst of nova blasts. Nova blasts pierce infinitely but lose 12% damage on each hit, and inflict Cursed Inferno for 1.5 seconds.
- The longer it is charged up, the more blasts are fired. Once charged up for 2.6 seconds, the weapon will fire more nova blasts at a faster rate.
- The weapon can continue to be charged past this point, and once charged up for 3.86 seconds, becomes fully charged. When fully charged, the rapid fire burst of nova blasts is replaced with a single extremely fast nova beam that hits once, deals 20x base damage, and inflicts Cursed Inferno for 15 seconds.
- Now uses 3 Life Alloys and 15 Martian Conduit Plating in its recipe instead of 6 Any Adamantite Bars and 5 Ectoplasm.
- Buffed damage from 35 to 50 and opal strikes now deal 100% base damage instead of 75%.
- Decreased sell price from 16 to 12 .
- Decreased the volume of its sound effect.
- Resprited it and its opal strikes.
- 1.4.5.002: Resprited.
- 1.4.4.004: Nerfed damage from 42 to 35.
- 220.127.116.11: Projectiles now have afterimages.
- 1.3.4.001: Nerfed damage from 48 to 42.
- 18.104.22.168: Nerfed damage from 52 to 48.
- 1.2.0.001: Nerfed damage from 60 to 52.
- 22.214.171.1241: Nerfed damage from 63 to 60.
- 126.96.36.1991: Buffed damage from 52 to 63.
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed damage from 43 to 52, reuse delay from 25 to 9, and shot speed from 12 to 15.
- Fixed a hold offset issue.
- Fixed projectiles dealing magic damage instead of ranged damage.
- 184.108.40.206: Buffed damage from 38 to 43.
- 1.1.5.0941: Introduced.