Evil Islands are unique sky islands that contain content of the Evil Biome that was not chosen.
If the player chose The Corruption, the island will generate in the right half of the world and be made of and contain Crimson-themed content. The usual sky house is located on top of the island, and the house has a locked Crimson Chest which contains the Vampire Knives.
If the player chose The Crimson, the island will generate in the left half of the world and be made of and contain Corruption-themed content. The usual sky house is located on top of the island, and the house has a locked Corruption Chest which contains the Scourge of the Corruptor.
- The islands are made of their respective evil's sandstone variant, meaning that evil mushrooms (for Vile Powder/Vicious Powder) do not grow unless grass is manually placed on the island.
- Space enemies will spawn instead of the evil's enemies if the island generates high enough.
- Meteors may land on the edges of these islands. They will not land in the middle, however, due to the presence of the chest.
- Because the ore is above ground, it can be mined with any pickaxe at any point in time.
|These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
- 2.0.1.003: Can now spawn up to 20% closer to the center of the world.
- 1.5.0.001: Now generates with clusters of painted Clouds around it.
- 1.4.5.004: Fixed an issue that caused it to generate on top of Floating Islands.
- 126.96.36.199: Now generates on set sides in the world.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.